Sunday, January 28, 2007

say what?

ok. i'm from Minnesota, right.

about 5 or 6 years ago whenever that "who wants to be a millionare" show started... it came to light that Minnesotans play "duck, duck, grey duck" instead of "duck, duck, goose" like the rest of the country... well, my astute husband has discovered another animal-name-misnamed-game. in Minnesota we have "monkey piles" not "dog piles" for a group of boys who jump on each other all at once (ok, sometimes girls too). at first i thought he was just teasing me... then he did a google picture search. 25 pictures of "monkey piles" on the whole internet... 950 pictures of "dog piles". doh. i guess he made a monkey out of me. :P

chime in... what do you call it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

uh, dog piles I think?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I checked with Brian before I wrote this because I was afraid of sounding like a total dork. I never heard of these strange happenings until college and there they called it "the big o". Weird, huh? But, Brian said that's the same story for him as well. So, if I'm a dork, we're both dorks!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

i looked up "big o" and found like 150,000 references - many to a japanese anime show of some sort. don't know exactly what that means for brian and amanda - or ohioians in general.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home